I gotta take a little break from serious posts... Here is a picture of my quilt block that I made in class this week. Mom and I took a class at Faye's on Saturday. We had 5 hours in class to learn the technique of needle-turn applique. Yep we left our machines at home and went to see how the rest of the world appliques. I have appliqued before, but always with my machine. In some instances, I have been happy with how it turns out. I love love love the stars I appliqued on Reid's quilt. I loved the appliqued quilt I made for my 2nd nephew, Kamden, when he was born. I did not like my appliqued angels for a block of the month project I started from The Quilted Ceiling in Valley City. So after 5 hours of hand sewing this block, was it done? Nope. Only a little more than half. I went home and finished it later that evening. This little block took me about 8 hours of hand stitching. Did I enjoy it? Surprisingly yes. I cut out some more shapes to do a table topper for my coffee table tonight. We'll just see how many eons it takes me to finish it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment