In my cozy room. . . after the kids are settled in for the night in their beds. . . I settle in to Scrap Till Dawn in the peace of my own thoughts, remembering all the little details of our lives.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Reid's not feeling well. . .
Well, it seems that Reid is in the middle of another episode (cyclical vomiting syndrome) this week. He first vomit was one week ago today. He's had a couple since that as well as fever off and on for 3 days now. I have put him back onto his daily preventive medicine this week. I also used one of his abortive medicines on Friday night - that worked so that he could sleep through the night. Hmmm. . . he was off for about 8 weeks this time before it came back. Last time he lasted about 5 weeks. I guess for now we'll just keep him on his medicine and try again much later. At least his episodes are not as severe as they used to be. He hasn't had a hospital stay in almost 2 years. He has had a couple of runs to the ER for hydration checks since then, but they didn't need to keep him inpatient. I've come to the conclusion that holidays are one of his triggers - the excitement of it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment