Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My (Seemingly) Super, Simple & Cheap Project

Don't you just love it when you think you can do something quick -- and easily  (a.k.a. by yourself) and that idea backfires on you just as soon as you get too far into the project to pretend you never started?  haha Well here I am again....  this "project" started out as just updating an existing bar that was in the house before I purchased it.  It was really just an old 70's homemade bar -- and it was not in good shape.  So I thought to myself, here's a quick little update - equity boosting project for me (and I dragged good old Dad along for the ride).  So away Dad and I went at the bar after seeing that hey there is carpet underneath here that matches the rest of the floor.  Cool, see I can just remove this, put in a new sink base cabinet and viola!  So we tore it out - only to find that no, the carpet was pieced into it.  Great well that's ok - we'll deal with that.  So we kept moving right along at our removal until.... moldy wall!  Not so great.  Well, now that we exposed it we have to deal with it.  So after letting it sit while I finished more pressing issues, Grant and I swung our hammers, grabbed our crowbars, and blew the wall down!  (And then called in reinforcements when we couldn't finish on our own.)  So here's my project after Dad and I then dragged more helpers into the mix.  So enters Richard and Davey.  God bless them both!  At this point in the project, we see that the plumbing was done wrong, the dryer duct was shot, and the electrical was a mess.  I don't know what I would do without these talented men in my life!  This picture was taken after Richard removed the moldy studs, and put in new 2x4s, Richard and Davey removed plumbing lines, Davey ran new water lines and washer and dryer hookups.  Then we had to tuck the electrical into the wall (water, sewer & electrical were all on the outside of the wall before) But wait, the job's not done yet here... Then we decide to sheetrock the wall by the new vanity that will be going into the bathroom, removing a window.  So Richard and Gary come to my rescue.  And while they are there, most of the ceiling comes falling down!  And well the carpet is just bad, so I peel that back and think finally something I can do myself!  More pictures to come as this project is finally nearing completion... hopefully within a week I will get my laundry/bathroom back as our super simple, easy, and cheap project has caused the money pit monster to return to me.  Hopefully one day he will decide he can't get me to feed him anymore! :)  But for now, back to my project I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment