Tuesday, June 22, 2010

wise old owls

I found this stamp at the Archiver's in Minneapolis --- which I could easily spend an hour in just browsing.  However on this trip to Archiver's I was rushed to leave in about 15 minutes by my mom, my son, and my nephew.  So... on my way out of the store I saw this stamp of "birds".  Then I picked up some blue and green "peacock" flocking and embossing powders so I could color them as bluebirds.  After we get back to the hotel, I was informed by my nephew that they were cute, but they were owls not birds.  So stay tuned... my nephew has requested a card with green owls for his birthday!  As for now, I colored some traditional looking owls for a fathers day card for my wise old dad.  I hand drew in the branch and leaves after the owls were stamped and colored.  The owls, branch, and leaves were colored in with my copics.

I also got to play with a new ticket corner punch that I picked up using a gift certificate.  I love the look of this punch - soooo happy I got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment